The festive season is upon us. I know you can feel it—a change in the weather, merrymaking, end-of-year parties, or family time. Even if you dislike parties, you can’t avoid them.
Despite this, you can create various makeup looks for the holidays, depending on your taste and the occasion.
And it is okay to ask, “how do I go about it?” This holiday is a time to try those looks you always wanted to try. Whether it’s a glittery glam look, red lipstick, or smokey eyes. So, dress up and channel your inner festive vibes with lots of glam. The coolest thing is that you don’t need to be a makeup artist to stay glam this season.
Here are 8-holiday makeup looks to get you started.
Holiday makeup looks
1. A glittery glam look
To create a glitter glam makeup look, you’ll need to incorporate a green or any color of glitter or shimmer into your makeup routine. There are several ways to do this.
• Glitter eye shadow: Apply glitter eye shadow over your eyelid using a brush or your finger. You can also use shimmery eye shadow for a more subtle effect.
• Glitter liner: Line your eyes with glittery liquid liner for a bold and dramatic effect.
• Glitter lipstick: Wear glittery lipstick or lip gloss for a fun and festive touch.
• Glitter highlighter: Dust a glittery highlighter over your cheekbones, Cupid’s bow, and down the bridge of your nose for a subtle shimmer.
• When using glitter in your makeup, be sure to apply a makeup primer first to help the glitter stay in place and avoid fallout. You can also use a setting spray or setting powder to help lock the glitter in place.
• To complete the look, you can pair glitter with a bold lip color or a neutral lip, depending on your preference. Be sure to keep the rest of your makeup fairly simple to avoid looking too over the top.
2. Classic red lipstick
A classic red lipstick is a timeless and chic choice for the holidays.
To achieve this look, do the following.
• Start by prepping your lips with a lip balm or primer to ensure that your lipstick glides on smoothly and stays in place.
• Next, apply your red lipstick using a lip brush or directly from the tube. Be sure to fill in your entire lip and smooth out the edges for a neat and polished finish.
• If you want to make red lipstick the focus of your look, keep the rest of your makeup fairly simple. Opt for a light foundation, minimal eye makeup, and a hint of blush. This will help to balance out the boldness of the red lips and keep the look chic and elegant.
• To add a little extra oomph to the classic red lip, you can also line your lips with a matching red lip liner. This will enable you to apply lipstick. This will help to define your lips and prevent lipstick from bleeding.
• Remember to touch up your lipstick as needed throughout the day or evening to keep it looking fresh and vibrant.
3. Smokey eyes
A smokey eye is a makeup look that involves using dark, neutral shades of eye shadow to create a smokey, sultry effect around the eyes. It’s a popular choice for special occasions, including the holidays.
To create a smokey eye do the following:
• Start by smearing light eye shadow on your entire eyelid as a base. Next, take a darker eye shadow color and use a brush to apply it to the outer corner of your eye. Blend it inward towards the center of your lid. You can also use a small brush to apply eye shadow along your lower lash line.
• Use a blending brush to soften the edges of the eye shadow and create a seamless transition between shades. You can also add a touch of shimmery eye shadow to the inner corner of your eye for a highlight.
• To complete the look, apply mascara to your upper and lower lashes, and line your upper and lower waterline with black or dark brown eyeliner. You can also use liquid liner to create a winged effect if desired.
• Keep the rest of your makeup minimal to let the smokey eye be the star of the show. A neutral lip color and a hint of blush will balance out the bold eye makeup.
• Remember to blend well and use a makeup setting spray or powder to ensure that your smokey eye stays in place all day or night.
4. Nude makeup
Nude makeup is a makeup look that involves using neutral, skin-toned shades to create a natural and understated appearance. It’s a versatile choice for everyday wear and can also be dressed up for special occasions, such as the holidays.
To create a nude makeup look do the following.
• To begin, apply a light- to medium-coverage foundation that matches your skin tone. Use concealer to cover any blemishes or dark circles, and set your base with a translucent setting powder.
• Next, apply a neutral eye shadow all over your eyelid, using a brush or your finger. You can also use a light brown or taupe shade in the crease for added dimension. Line your upper and lower waterline with a white or light-colored eye pencil to make your eyes look brighter. Finish off the eyes with a coat of mascara on your upper and lower lashes.
• For the lips, choose a neutral lip color, such as a pinky-nude or a soft rose shade. You can also opt for a clear gloss or a balm to keep your lips moisturized and add a bit of shine.
• To complete the look, add a touch of blush to the apples of your cheeks. Add a neutral highlighter to your cheekbones, Cupid’s bow, and down the bridge of your nose.
• Remember to keep your makeup natural and subtle to achieve the nude makeup look. Avoid using overly bold or bright colors, and opt for shades that are close to your natural skin tone.
5. Bronze goddess
The bronze goddess makeup look is all about achieving a sun-kissed, warm-toned glow. It’s a gorgeous choice for the summer months or for adding a touch of warmth to your holiday makeup look.
To create a bronze goddess look, do the following.
• Start by applying a light to medium coverage foundation and setting it with a translucent powder.
• Next, apply a bronzing powder or a warm-toned contour powder to the hollows of your cheeks, your temples, and your hairline. Use a blending brush to smooth out the edges and create a natural-looking finish.
• For the eyes, choose a bronze or golden eye shadow and apply it all over your eyelid, using a brush or your finger. You can also add a bit of shimmery eye shadow to the inner corner of your eye for a highlight. Finish off the eyes with a coat of mascara on your upper and lower lashes.
• For the lips, choose a peach or pink lip color to complement the warm tones of the rest of your makeup. You can also opt for a clear gloss or a balm to keep your lips moisturized and add a bit of shine.
• To complete the look, add a touch of blush to the apples of your cheeks. Add a highlighter to your cheekbones, Cupid’s bow, and down the bridge of your nose.
Don’t forget to start with a clean, moisturized base. Also, set your holiday makeup looks with a setting spray or powder to ensure that it stays in place all day or night.
Photo Credit: Pinterest