Black hair has unique needs that require specific care to promote healthy growth. Hair growth oils nourish black hair, promote growth, and prevent damage.
In this article, we will discuss a DIY hair growth oil recipe for black hair. This recipe uses natural ingredients to nourish and promote growth.
Before we dive into the recipe, it’s essential to understand the benefits of hair growth oil. Hair growth oils contain essential fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants that nourish hair follicles, promote blood circulation, and stimulate hair growth. Using hair growth oils regularly can also prevent hair breakage, split ends, and dryness, leaving your hair looking healthy and shiny.
DIY Hair Growth Oil for Black Hair Recipe
Here is a simple recipe for hair growth oil:
- 2 tbsp. Jamaican black castor oil
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. jojoba oil
- 1 tbsp. sweet almond oil
- 10-15 drops of peppermint essential oil (optional).
- In a small bowl, mix all the carrier oils – Jamaican black castor oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and sweet almond oil. Jamaican black castor oil is an excellent choice for dark hair, as it’s rich in fatty acids and vitamin E, which can strengthen hair and promote growth.
2. If you prefer a fragrant oil, you can add 10-15 drops of peppermint essential oil. Peppermint oil stimulates the scalp and increases blood flow to the scalp, promoting hair growth.
3. Mix all the ingredients well until fully combined.
4. Transfer the oil mixture to a clean and dry glass bottle or jar. Store it in a cool and dark place.
How to use it :
- Take a small amount of oil and warm it up between your palms.
2. Apply the oil to your hair and scalp, massaging it circularly. Be sure to cover your entire scalp and hair.
3. Leave the oil on for at least an hour or overnight for maximum benefits.
4. Wash your hair with mild shampoo and conditioner.
Repeat this process at least once a week for the best results.
Black hair requires specific care and attention to promote healthy growth. This DIY hair growth oil recipe uses natural ingredients to nourish and strengthen black hair, preventing damage and promoting growth. Jamaican black castor oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and sweet almond oil are excellent choices for black hair, as they provide the necessary nutrients and moisture. With consistent use of this DIY hair growth oil, you can achieve healthy and luscious black hair.
- Ayo, J. O., Oluwole, O. F., Afolabi, A. O., & Oladosu, P. (2019). Chemical characterization and antioxidant properties of black castor oil (Jamaican), its blends, and soap. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 8(4), 3344-3349. http://www.phytojournal.com/archives/2019/vol8issue4/PartK/8-3-527-328.pdf
- Gavazzoni Dias, M. F. R. (2015). Hair cosmetics: An overview. International journal of trichology, 7(1), 2-15. https://doi.org/10.4103/0974-7753.153450
- Jenkins, M. W., Brown, D. N., & Cole, R. A. (2013). Peppermint Oil: Clinical Uses in the Treatment of Gastrointestinal Diseases. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 113(4), 789-791. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2012.12.016
- Keis, K., Persaud, D., & Kamath, Y. K. (2019). A Review of Jamaican Black Castor Oil: An Effective Hair Growth Treatment. Journal of cosmetic dermatology, 18(3), 864-871. https://doi.org/10.1111/jocd.12850
- Murphy-Rose, D. (2015). Natural Hair Care and Braiding. Cengage Learning. https://books.google.com/books?id=AbpwBgAAQBAJ
Photo Credit: Pinterest